FCS Program Changes and Resources During COVID-19
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
The N.C. Cooperative Extension of Carteret County office is currently closed and will remain closed until further notice. If you need to contact our Family and Consumer Science Agent, please call 252-222-6374 and leave a message or email Stephanie_Stevenson@ncsu.edu. Please understand that we are working remotely and our response may be delayed.
Continue to check out our website and Carteret County Cooperative Extension Facebook Page for Center updates and resources while at home!!
Below you will find healthy eating, physical exercise, and stress relief resources!!
FCS Programming Changes:
Home Food Preservation – Introduction to Canning (03/27/2020) has been canceled. Refunds have been administered through Eventbrite. For any questions please contact Stephanie Stevenson at Stephanie_Stevenson@ncsu.edu. This program will be rescheduled at a later date.
COVID-19 Resources – Please go to NC State Extension link to see the following resources that provide best practices for preparing for COVID-19 and managing risk for individuals at home and for food environments such as restaurants, grocery stores, and farms.
Health Eating and Recipe Online Sources:
- Med instead of Meds – Use this website to learn about the Mediterranean Diet! This website includes webinars, recipes, and tools to show how eating the Med way can protect against chronic illness!
- Chose MyPlate – This website offers a huge amount of resources on healthy eating! The website also includes recipes and cooking videos through Myplate Kitchen.
- Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less – Here is a source of great and healthy recipes from ESMM, Weigh Less program! On this website you will also find out information about the program.
- Eat Smart, Move More, Prevent Diabetes – Eat Smart, Move More, Prevent Diabetes is a CDC-recognized diabetes prevention program based upon proven strategies to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Color Me Healthy – Here is a great recipe source to use to cook with your children! These recipes are made with keeping children in mind.
- Dine with your Dog – Recipes in this book can be enjoyed by both you and your dog and are simple and inexpensive at only $1 to $2 per serving.
Physical Exercise Online Sources:
- Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less – Here are some videos on resistance exercises!
- Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less – Here are some walking, jogging, and strength training programs.
- Move More, Walk Now – This website offers tips, tool, and guides for walking. *At this time, some walking trails may be closed due to COVID-19*
- Color Me Healthy – Here are some ideas for physical exercise you can do with your youth. For more youth resources (physical exercise and educational) check out our 4-H pages: 4-H Home Resources, 10-Minute Activities to Do With Kids, 2020 Embryology.
Stress Relief Online Resources:
- Headspace – This is an online tool and app to use for guided meditation, sleep, and movement exercises.
- Calm – A free online tool to use for meditation, sleep, and mindfulness.
- Mindful – an online resource for mindfulness.
- Stop, Breathe & Think – An app used for meditation.
- Day One – An app used for journaling.