Carteret County Food Resources
During this time of uncertainty, some people may need to utilize different food resources that they’ve never had to use before. Below is a list of food resources in Carteret County and other online resources!
If there are any other resources that can be listed on this webpage, please email Stephanie Stevenson at Stephanie_Stevenson@ncsu.edu
- Families who need help finding meals for their children ages 18 and younger can text “FOODNC” to 877-877 to locate nearby free meal sites. The texting service is also available in Spanish by texting “COMIDA” to 877-877.
- Parents needing diapers for their children: NC Diaper Bank
- Child Care for Essential Personnel: NC Child Care
Corona Community is coming together to meet food needs as quickly as possible. While there are no partners aligned in our area yet, they are asking for people to put in requests while they continue to seek partners in our area.
|Food Pantry||Hours||Address||Contact Information|
|Harkers Island UMC||Thursdays Only 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.||603 Cape Lookout Dr., Harkers Island, NC||(252) 728-7017call for an appointment|
|Loaves and Fishes||Mondays Only 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.||1700 Live Oak St., Beaufort, NC||(252) 504-0123|
|Martha’s Mission||Monday, Wednesday, Friday10:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.||901 Bay St., Morehead City, NC||(252) 726-1717. May need a voucher.|
|Salvation Army||Monday-Friday9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.||2800 Bridges St., Morehead City, NC||(252) 726-7147 Call upon arrival.|
|The Storehouse||Monday-Friday11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.||3114 Bridges St., Morehead City, NC.||(443) 956-4633|
|Wildwood Presbyterian||Thursday Only 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m.||276 Wildwood Rd., Newport, NC||(252) 726-9118|
Other Carteret County Food Services:
- The Market at Cedar Point is offering anyone that needs groceries at this time to come to the market and receive a produce and assorted groceries at no cost. They are also accepting donations of gift cards for people to purchase groceries if they cannot at this time.
- Food for Friends of Carteret County – Gift cards available for those unemployed due to COVID-19
- SNAP/EBT Department of Social Services (252) 728-3181 call for phone/virtual appointment. Application online at epass.nc.gov
- Carteret County WIC Office (252) 222-7710. Now doing re-certifications and sign-ups via phone.
- The Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina – Find food pantries and other food resources in your area.
- Feeding America – Find your local food bank.
- Food for Kids – Helps youth find food while school is out.
- Food Finder – Helps families in need find food resources.
If you are not in need of food resources, think about donating to one!