Master Gardener Volunteers of Carteret County Scholarship
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteer Association of Carteret County recognizes the value of higher education and the potential of selected students to contribute to the promotion of horticulture. They are pleased to provide one or more scholarship(s) in the amount of $1,000 each. The scholarship is open to all individuals without discrimination.
The deadline for receipt of application in the office is April 30. The scholarship winner will be chosen by May 15 and the recipient will be notified at once. The scholarship is to be paid directly to a college or university chosen by the recipient to be used for tuition, fees, books, or supplies. The winner will be invited to attend a June meeting to be recognized, to receive the scholarship, and to provide a photo opportunity for press release. At that meeting the scholarship recipient will also tell a little about her or himself. Details will be arranged by the Vice-President of the volunteer program.
The following criteria will be used to judge applications:
- Applicant must be a Carteret County high school senior or a student at Carteret Community College or attending a college/university pursuing a field of study in horticulture, botany, agriculture or related plant sciences.
- Applicant should have a grade point average of at least 85 (B) or equivalent.
- Applicant should have had residence in Carteret County for at least 1 year.
- The applicant should demonstrate proficiency, creativity and interest in botany, horticulture or a related area of plant science.
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- The applicant must have been accepted by or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university that has a field of study in botany, horticulture, or related area of plant science.
- The applicant will write a 250-word essay explaining his or her career goals.
- The applicant must submit two letters of recommendation from non-relatives.
- The applicant must enclose a copy of their most recent grade point average (GPA).
- If still in High School, the applicant must enclose a completed FAFSA form.
- The scholarship is renewable, subject to the above criteria.
For scholarship information and application, visit: Scholarship Application 2021
Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteer Association of Carteret County is also known as Carteret County Master Gardener Volunteer Association.