4-H Home Resources during COVID-19
Find this page at:
- The College of Education Faculty of NC State University have created a webpage of resources to help parents while teaching at home during Coronavirus (COVID-19) school closures.
- Dolly Pardon is starting “Goodnight with Dolly“, a time each Thursday for the next 10 weeks where she will be reading a bedtime story for kids. You can read the news report here.
- Reef Relief is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to improving and protecting our coral reef ecosystem. Visit their Facebook page, Reef Relief, to join in on their Marine Science Virtual Classroom Lessons.
- Disney has launched Khan Academy classes. Here is Imagineering in a Box. Disney also has a Disney Family page that has all sorts of crafts and printables that will keep your littles busy during this time.
- Kennedy Space Center has posted videos on their Facebook page to learn more about living in space, the space suit and much more. Go to Facebook, and search Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex.
- CS First
- SciGirls. Connect
- Looking for ideas to help your children continue learning, exploring — and avoid feeling cooped up — when their schools or daycare centers close? The answer may lie no farther than your backyard or nearest park. Here are five easy outdoor activities you and your kids can try now, or any time the fancy strikes.
- Lots of science activities to supplement your child’s science lessons.
- Exercise games and indoor activities to get your kiddos moving!
- Simple science experiments that don’t require a trip to the grocery store.
- K-4 STEM Activities from NASA
- STEM Activities from National PTA
- Math games
- Running out of ideas? Here are some things you can do with your child and the activities are broken up by age groups.
- PBS Learning Media