4-H Programming Changes Due to COVID-19
Find this page at:
- 4.2.20 at 7:51 p.m. – The National Shooting Sports Tournament has been canceled. See the National 4-H Shooting Sports Summer Events Notice from National 4-H Shooting Sports Committee.
- 3.27.20 at 9:03 p.m. – All 4-H Residential Camping at the three camps (Betsy Jeff Penn, Millstone and Eastern Center) are canceled for the 2020 Summer Camp Season.
- 3.21.20 at 5:11 p.m. – The Coastal Plains Jr. Livestock Show and Sale is canceled. An email has been sent to all families from Livestock Agent, Eve Honeycutt. If you have questions about the show or about the sale of hogs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3.21.20 at 2:31 p.m. – All in-person Extension activities that are scheduled within the next 60 days are now canceled. We will work to provide an alternative method of delivery for some of these events. Stay tuned as changes are continuous and are being updated as needed.
- 3.21.20 at 1:25 p.m. – Qualifying Horse Shows are canceled. We have received instruction from extension leadership that we are to cancel events for 60 days out as of this time, so this would include the qualifying horse shows. At this time, we hopefully anticipate that we will be able to hold the NC State 4-H Horse Show as planned. With the lack of qualifying opportunities, the show this year will simply be open to all 4-Hers who wish to participate who hold a valid eligibility card. We will be creating a form, similar to the cover page for scholarship applications, that has a checklist of what needs to be included in their entry packet as well as a location for the agent to sign off. Once this form is created it will be available on the state show page along with the entry form. We will be posting an update on the website and on our social media accounts.
- 3.19.20 at 7:41 a.m. – Due to COVID-19, the contract for Teen Retreat has not been approved and it is unclear if/when it will be. Therefore, plans are being made to reorganize. As of right now, plans are to have District Officer candidates create videos and then possibly have a live Zoom session with fish bowl questions and candidate speeches. As we receive additional guidance from the University, we will pass that along.
- 3.17.20 at 5:54 p.m. – East Regional 4-H Horse Show (COUNTY DUE DATE FOR HORSE CARDS IS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, 2020)
With the current environmental issues facing our state and country right now we are going to change the registration dates for the East Regional 4-H Horse Show. We are going to waive the late fee and are going to take registrations that are posted mark by your county by the date of April 3. (COUNTY DUE DATE IS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, 2020) Please understand that extension staff may require you to have your paperwork in days before that deadline. Each county will have their own requirements for deadlines. Please speak to your 4-H agent and find out when you need to have your packets filled out to them. We are currently planning on still having the East Regional 4-H Horse Show, but if things change we will let you know and we will give full refunds back to the participants. (COUNTY DUE DATE IS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, 2020)
- 3.17.20 at 5:43 p.m. – Volunteer Officers’ Seminar will be held using an online format. Attendees should have received an email with instructions from Sarah Kotzian.
- 3.17.20 at 5:30 p.m. – The N.C. Cooperative Extension of Carteret County office is currently closed and will remain closed until further notice. If you need to contact our staff, please call 252-222-6375 and leave a message or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that we are working remotely and our response may be delayed.