Carteret County 4-H Updates – October 2023
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Each month we will post our upcoming activities and opportunities. You can access the newsletter below or by clicking the link.
The link, Carteret County 4-H Newsletter – October 2023, (pictured below) contains additional live links that will take you to sites and registration for some activities. You can also visit our Facebook Page for more updates!
Carteret County 4-H October Updates
On the Calendar
- 2nd: SALT/County Council Meeting
- 12th: 4-H 101 Training for Shooting Sports Volunteers
- 31st: Special Olympics Fall Festival at Fort Benjamin
For club-specific dates, please contact your club leader.
- Weather with the Nature School at Camp Albemarle – this is a 5 week series that covers seasons, measuring and predicting the weather and the jet stream.
- Multiple Intelligence Program (Nature Smart) with White Oak Elementary
- White Oak Elementary After School Program
Our senior team (Bethany, Anna and Lexi) continue to practice twice a week as they prepare for the national avian bowl contest. They will travel to Louisville, Kentucky in November to compete!
November 6: Combined County Council and SALT meeting with a guest speaker and community service project.
November 15-16: National Poultry and Egg Conference
December 12: Cookies for the troops – this is open to everyone who wants to help!
We are currently looking for volunteers to help start a 4-H archery team.
“The primary focus of the North Carolina 4-H Shooting Sports program shall be the total development of the young person.”
Registration is due October 12! Email email@example.com for more information.
Livestock and Poultry
- Youth Livestock Programs
- Dairy Youth Programs
- NC 4-H Horse Program
4-H Shooting Sports Instructor Training
October 12: 4-H 101; Volunteers will meet at CMAST
Online Risk Management Training
October 28: Hands-on Archery Training at Eastern 4-H Center in Columbia, NC
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have youth ready to join an archery team, but are in need of archery instructors. Please share this information with anyone who may be interested.
4-H is Making the Best Better
- Youth participated in the State Avian Bowl Contest. The Junior team finished 2nd and the Senior team finished 1st, qualifying them for Nationals.
- In honor of Patriot’s Day, Impact 4-H Club of Carteret County, put together over 50 care packet to honor our veterans. They were distributed to the patients of the MHC VA outpatient clinic.
- Five 4-H’ers shared their 4-H summer experience with the Carteret County Commissioners. They discussed Presentations, Avian Bowl, SALT, summer programming and Summer Residential Camp.
4-H Clubs are a great way to support long-term youth development and build community amongst our youth while instilling essential life skills such as leadership, commitment and nurturing relationships.
For more information about joining 4-H and the clubs we offer, email email@example.com or join us for our next County Council meeting.